Is it a lot?

How difficult is it 

To talk to me 

Do you not want 

To listen to my voice 

The first thing when you wake up 

When you know my eyes must have just opened 

And the first name on my lips be yours 

Is it so much to ask for 

To be the first thought on your mind today 


When the first rays of the morning sun

Hits your tender swollen face

Your eyes barely open

from night of smoke and cigarettes

Does the ray not remind you

Of the morning that you spent

Beside me 

At a distance 

Just looking at the same ray 

Touch my face 

A warm embrace 

Where skins need not meet 

For dreams to be the same


How much is it that I am asking for 

Am I demanding a kingdom 

Some thousand knights 

A hundred horses 

When all I demand 

Is that in between your moments 

Of regular miracles 

Make me 

Merely a break 

If not a solace 

From the world of order and schedule 

Into a recess of chaos yet contentment 



Is it too much 

To ask from a lover 

To love you in ways 

that only he knows of

Is it wrong to want

Your clothes to smell of him

Long after he is gone

To infinity and maybe beyond


So answer me for once

Am I asking for the world

Maybe I truly am 

for I am asking for 

All of you












Comments

Popular Posts